An online course designed for savvy folks who want to feel, look, and age their best.
Get the tools you need to understand your metabolism and how energy is made so you can feel and function your best.
Optimal blood sugar is one of the main drivers of both longterm health and how we feel day to day. It is one part of the Hormone Club but such an important one at midlife that I made a mini course just to help people get this one dialed.
Join for the live classes or get the recordings and go at your own pace. Course starts October 2nd 2023
Metabolic Flexibility and balanced blood sugar are the foundation of-
- Quality restful sleep
- Balanced energy (no bonks)
- Healthy body composition (anyone’s middle section getting thicker in mid life?)
- Fewer pms symptoms, perimenopause and menopause symptoms like hot flashes, anxiety, brain fog, weight gain, headaches, etc
- Improved physical endurance
- Fewer cravings
- Balanced mood and less anxiety/depression
- Less fatigue
- Reduced brain fog
- Preventing diseases like Alzheimer’s, heart disease, autoimmune diseases, arthritis, and other diseases associated with aging
- Reducing inflammation, oxidative damage, and glycation (all associated with early aging).
- Improving immune function
- Reference- Inchauspe, Jessie. Glucose Revolution. Short Books. 2022. New York, NY
“Learning about blood sugar and using a CGM opened up a whole new world of health for me; one that has made a huge impact on my health and even on my journey of improving my hypothyroidism. I had no idea how important blood sugar and metabolic health is for all people, and I can’t recommend Janel’s guidance around this subject enough! This info is useful to everyone no matter your current health or situation. ” -S. Douglas from Colorado 2022
As we get older our body responds to foods and stressors differently. Learn exactly how to flatten your glucose curve so your body functions its best. No gimmicks, just physiology and tangible tools so you know exactly how to move forward.
We don’t need to deprive ourselves!! We just need to learn how to stoke our metabolic fire and burn slow long lasting energy all day and improve our health.
Learn how this works and what you can do to minimize symptoms, optimize hormones, and feel your best.
What you will get with this online course-
- a list of clear steps to take to optimize metabolism and blood sugar
- 4 live classes (will be recorded) where you will get to ask questions and dig in to topics that interest you
- 8 video lessons about metabolism, glucose, energy, sleep, aging, intermittent fasting, cravings, movement, and more
- Bonus videos- creating habits, causes of anxiety, hierarchy of hormones, disrupting a relationship with alcohol, daily breath work practices
- a weekly menu planner with meals to boost your metabolism and optimize glucose levels
- a beautiful recipe book to download
- bonus handouts on sweeteners, mitochondria, supplements and more
- a community of like minded individuals to connect with and share stories
- opportunity to add a continuous glucose monitor and support with learning the best ways to use it (order this right away if you want to add this)
Jump right in or add the CONTINUOUS GLUCOSE MONITOR to support your journey and see exactly how your body is responding to foods and lifestyle. Track your progress. I will be there to support this process for you and walk you through what we are looking for (more below). See what I learned wearing a cgm here
Can’t make it live? No problem. You can send in your questions and get the recording. .
Wednesdays online at noon pacific, for 30-60 minutes, starting October 4th, for live office hours. The 4 meetings will be 10/4, 10/18, 11/1, 11/15 (recorded if you can’t make it).
Second half hour of class will be set aside for additional questions about a CGM
If you choose to add a CGM we will meet one extra optional time, on October 3rd for 30 minutes, to get you rolling with your monitor. We can all put them on together!
IF YOU ARE ADDING A CGM YOU ARE GOING TO WANT TO SIGN UP NOW AND GET YOUR CGM ORDERED. I would do this by September 1 to make sure you have it on time.
“More than anything I was surprised to see how getting on top of my blood sugar changed both my days and nights. During the day I was no longer ruled by hunger. Before I worked on this I would bonk during the day if I did not eat or get crazy cravings. After I worked on this I would forget to eat until I got hungry! It was wild. I would go 4-5 hours and then feel hunger pains instead of low energy or anxiety throughout the day. At night I was shocked to see how my sleep improved and night sweats stopped. Everything feels more balanced.” Christine L. Tahoe client 2021 age 48
The Energy Club- Metabolic Flexibility and Balanced Blood Sugar- The root of day to day and long term health. An online program this fall $199
We are not talking about limiting any foods but instead how to eat and live to support your best metabolic health so you can feel strong, look your best, ease through menopause, and prevent future health problems.
Who is this class for? Anyone wanting-
- Better Sleep
- To feel empowered by learning about your body and how it works
- To reduce afternoon bonks
- Better physical endurance
- Fewer hormonal symptoms associated with pms, perimenopause, menopause (this is step 1 of hormone balance)
- More balanced energy
- Increased focus
- Improved moods including less anxiety
- To reduce midlife weight gain
- To prevent future diseases associated with aging such as Alzheimer’s, Arthritis, etc
- Support using a CGM (continuous glucose monitor) to see exactly what is going on in your body minute by minute during the day
Registration Closes September 30th
“It came to no surprise that my low energy and low output was a direct correlation to my massive blood sugar swings. After a decade of running 100+ mile races and eating nothing but carbs it was time to make a change. Thanks to the CGM I was able to make direct correlations to the things that I ate and the way that I felt. I better understood bonking on a hard run and how eating the right foods at the right times was able to stabilize everything. Being able to see the data in real time helped validate the way that I felt and gave me immediate ways to feel better.” N.P. Tahoe client 2022
Thinking about adding an optional continuous glucose monitor? Here is some info-
- A CGM tells you minute by minute how your body is responding to food and lifestyle
- Each sensor fits on the back of your arm and lasts for 2 weeks. No, it does not hurt at all to put on! I promise.
- You choose how many you get. Starting with 2 is a great idea.
- You scan the sensor instantly with your phone and get all the data right at your fingertips in a clear and simple app
- This is the most effective way I have found for people to make changes that have the greatest impact on their health
- This is a very black and white way to learn about your unique body and how it is responding to food and lifestyle. You will see exactly how high and how low your glucose levels are going through out the day.
- This will tell you if blood sugar is impacting sleep, anxiety, endurance, etc and how you can make changes
- I have worked with many different ones and have settled on Veri as the best/easiest. You order through them and can get a discount on your first month with my link. There are many options but the simplest is 3 months of app with 2 sensors for $100/month for 3 months.
- This is not necessary for the Energy Club, but a wonderful addition if you are interested in the support.
- You will get a link to do this after you purchase the package. You will get my discount on your first month too!!
Questions? Please reach out to me- email@example.com
“Wearing a monitor to let me watch blood sugar fluctuations through the day and night has given me insights to what’s going on “under the hood” that I could only previously (usually wrongly, it turns out) guess at. It’s unobtrusive, painless, and has guided me to make informed changes to my diet and lifestyle that improve my health. The real-time measurement of my blood glucose let me see the impact of different types, amounts, and timing of foods on my blood sugar levels. I’ve recommended it to many friends and family members.” L.A. 2022 Tahoe Client
Booking Provided by Healthie
Get 10% off if you sign up in August! Use Promo code- AUGUST10%
Janel Ferrin Anderson NC FNLP DNM
Janel is obsessed with helping people understand their body better and use nutrition and lifestyle to function their best. Janel specializes in hormone health, digestion, energy, and resilience. She has dug deep into the science of food, nutrition, and physiology to provide a missing gap in health care. Janel teaches group classes as well as works one-on-one with people who want to take control of their health. When not working or chasing her kids around she is likely playing hard in the mountains and rivers of the West.