This bread is delish plus it is loaded with health promoting ingredients that are an awesome balance of fat, fiber and protein to help set the stage for hormone balance.
The women in this years winter Hormone Club are enjoying this recipe along with other nourishing recipes to promote hormone balance. We have been talking over the last 6 weeks all about hormones, what impacts them, how they interact with each other, and how to use food and lifestyle to support hormone balance and minimize symptoms of imbalance.
I am obsessed with understanding the science around how the body works and what impacts it.
The digestive tract is the intersection between the outside world and what goes on inside our body. How our brain takes in and experiences the world is another way the outside world becomes part of our physiology. I love helping people use food and lifestyle to promote health and teaching people how to listen to their own body and discover what is true for them.
This anti-inflammatory blueberry banana bread is gluten, dairy, soy and white sugar free. It has flax for fiber and healthy fats, hemp seeds for protein, phytonutrients in blueberries and bananas, healthy fats plus protein and loads of nutrients in eggs, and anti-inflammatory olive oil. Give it a try and enjoy 😊. Let me know what you think
- 1 cupAlmond Flour
- 1/4 cupCoconut Flour
- 1 tspBaking Soda
- 1/2 tspSea Salt
- 1 tspCinnamon
- 1 tbspGround Flax Seed
- 1 tbspHemp Seeds
- 2Banana (mashed)
- 2 tbspsExtra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3Egg (whisked)
- 1/4 cupMaple Syrup
- 1 cupBlueberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC).
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. In a separate mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until a creamy consistency forms. Add in the oil, eggs and maple syrup and mix well. Pour the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Gently fold in your fresh or frozen blueberries with a spatula. Distribute the blueberries evenly throughout the batter, but be careful not to over mix as this will break the berries and cause your bread to turn purple. (It will still taste just as good but may not look as pretty!)
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in the batter. Bake in oven for 45 – 50 minutes. Test if it is cooked through by sticking a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean, the bread is done. When fully cooked, lift the parchment paper out of the pan and let cool before slicing. Enjoy!
Check out our awesome group wellness offerings! We go into a ton about the science of your body and how food and lifestyle can make an impact. Offerings include The Winter Women’s Hormone Club, Spring Detox and Liver Love, Summer Badass For the Long Haul, and The Fall Digestion Club. Join us and take charge of your health!
Janel is a Board Certified Holistic Nutritionist, a Functional Medicine Nutritionist, has her doctorate in Natural Medicine, is a certified family herbalist and a certified yoga therapist. ‘I am dedicated to empowering people to feel their best and to take charge of their health. I help people understand their body and how to use food and lifestyle to improve health and resilience. I obsess over the science so you can choose what is best for you.’