The world needs us to rise up, women. We need to be brave, strong, and loud.
In order to do that we need to feel our best, have as much energy as possible, be clear headed, and unite.
Like many of you I was incredibly saddened to hear about the passing of Supreme Court Justice, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, last week. Then I spent some time feeling anxious about what it means politically, moving forward. Thankfully I woke up Monday inspired to take action in my own small way. To RISE and persist like Ruth would have wanted.
RBG spent decade after decade fighting for women’s rights. She fought for reproductive freedom, equal pay, job based discrimination, financial discrimination, and so many other issues involving gender discrimination. I am so grateful for her tireless work.
Women need to feel empowered around their health and their body so they can go into the world feeling strong, energized, and sharp. We need to change how healthcare is practiced, seeing the whole person, the whole woman, hearing, trusting, and focusing on using every day tools to optimize health.
When you are stronger WE are stronger
10 things you can do starting today so you have the resilience and energy it takes to rise up in your own way.
- Sleep at least least 7-9 hours a night, seriously, how can we rise up if we are tired?
- Eat whole foods including nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits, healthy fats and clean protein. Stay away from any foods that negatively affect you personally
- Say no to things and people that bring you down. Practice now……. ‘No’
- Discover your heart’s desire and go do it
- Play outside in the sunshine, rain, wind, and snow
- Drink water, tea, and broth
- Support and encourage other women to do their best and to shine brightly (and you shine as brightly as you can, don’t hide that shit)
- Find a way to process your stress and practice doing it every day- meditation, deep relaxation, breath work, mantra, etc
- Be careful of the self limiting and negative stories you tell yourself. They are just that, stories, they are not truths and they can sabotage you. Make a new mantra and create new positive stories you tell yourself. It might take time but you can do it.
- Speak your truth and speak it loudly
Start making changes today towards feeling your best. Pick one small thing and focus on it until it becomes second nature or habit. You got this! We need every last one of us.