Make even the most rushed breakfasts loaded with nutrients so you and/or your kids can function your best!
My 13 year old gets picked up at 715am for school (note- he is NOT a morning person) which makes delicious and nourishing breakfasts tricky sometimes.
Not with this gem that we pull out a few days a week when he needs nourishment in a flash.
It’s loaded with the macronutrients he needs to stay sharp and energized without crashing later and the micronutrients so his body can function optimally. It’s anti inflammatory and gut healing to boot. Oh, and it takes about 3 minutes to make and tastes delish. 👊🏼
- 1.5 cups of milk (we use homemade almond, full fat coconut milk with a little water, or raw whole milk)
- 1 scoop of chocolate bone broth protein powder (we use ancient nutrition brand)
- 1 organic banana
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- optional scoop of chocolate multi vitamin (we use amazing grass kids superfood, chocolate flavor here)
- optional tsp chia, flax, or hemp
Put all ingredients in the blender and blend.
Pour into cup and watch your kiddos devour it
Tweak portions to match your tastes. You can add more liquid, less, add ice, whatever floats your boat.
Don’t let rushed mornings dictate the quality of the nutrients you put into your body. Rock it in a flash with nutrient dense smoothies!