It does not matter if you are experiencing pms discomforts, menopause symptoms, headaches, infertility, fatigue, depression, weight loss problems, energy crashes, insomnia, or any hormone imbalance. Understanding how the system works and backing up is key!
Hormones 101- I discuss briefly in this video the different places hormone imbalance can occur and why one approach to fix it will NOT work for everyone.
Here are the basics –
A hormone is a chemical messenger that affects our entire body including metabolism, growth, fertility, energy, stress, and much more.
- There is a gland
- A hormone must be made from precursors (nutrients) in the gland
- The hormone must travel through your blood to the target call
- The target cell must receive the hormone/message
- The hormone must be broken down, detoxed, and excreted
If there is a hiccup anywhere along the route there may be a problem. For example –
- There may be an autoimmune disease damaging the gland itself which may impact if any or enough of the hormone is made
- There may be a nutrient deficiency from either lack of eating them or a problem digesting them which both prevent enough hormone from being made
- The target cell may be unable to receive the hormone if there is inflammation or if the receptor is blocked by a specific toxin which prevents the message from being received EVEN IF YOU HAVE ENOUGH OF THE HORMONE
- The liver must be functioning properly to detox the used hormones and constipation may prevent the used hormone from being excreted creating an excess of the hormone in the body.
Watch now and become a detective about your own health! Give us a call or email if this way of thinking into health fires you up and you are ready to dig into your own root causes OR just enjoy our videos and info:)